Below is a collection of links to ArcGIS layer files that point to several different useful web services either hosted by ESRI or by the Tennessee Office of Information Resources, GIS Section. To add layers to ArcMap or to ArcGIS Explorer, simply download the layer files and open them as you would any other GIS data layer (double-clicking them will probably work as well).
If you don't have ArcGIS installed and you're working with a Windows system, you can get ArcGISExplorer, a free viewer here. You can also visit the TDEC web mapping site here, if you simply wish to view TDEC's available gis data over the web.
ESRI Layers (click here to visit site and download layer files):
- Worldwide Imagery
- National Geographic/USGS Topographic Maps
- Weather Radar
- DeLorme Maps
- Worldwide Street Maps
- and more . . .
Data Hosted by the Tennessee Office of Information Resources GIS Section (TNmap):
- Tennessee Aerial Imagery (best available imagery statewide)
- Statewide Parcels, Intranet Only and Excludes Metro Areas
- Tennessee Basemap Layer (streets/hydrography/boundaries, etc.)
- TDEC Lands/TN Division of Forestry Lands
- TDEC Water Pollution Control GIS Data (impaired streams, high quality waters, etc.)